County Boards of Supervisors, working with their county conservation boards, are eligible to apply for county designation. This is a competitive process so meeting more than the minimum criteria will increase your chances. The application consists of:
- The pre-application page of your intent to apply and the primary contact person who will set up a login to complete the web-based forms for your county.
- The informational page with the local officials and list of partners.
- Determine the criteria for each category where you will place your focus.
- Using the generated template for your criteria, describe in narrative form how you meet each one. Supporting documents are welcome.
- Submit your application as a PDF to Bird Friendly Iowa.
Applications received by the due date are ranked by a sub-committee knowledgable of county conservation with the top-ranked ones referred to the Bird Friendly Iowa steering committee for approval. If you are notified of acceptance, mail your $100 application fee to Trees Forever with a notation it is for Bird Friendly Iowa.